Email tunes are a very common process in many car communities. You don’t need a tuner to have your car and you don’t need a dyno in order to get custom tuned. If you have the equipment, you simply follow the instructions of the tuner who will tune your car remotely.
Here’s how it works:
- You acquire the equipment needed (we offer this equipment for rent!)
- You do some pulls in your car to get a data log
- You email that data log to the tuner
- The tuner looks at it and emails you a tune file
- You load the tune to your car using the equipment
- Repeat until the tuner is satisfied
- Send back the equipment
This can be done in your garage or on a dyno, your choice.
We offer equipment rentals so that you don’t have to wait for a tune event, or suffer with a canned tune if there are no tuners or dealers near you. We provide detailed instructions and will help you along the way to get a custom tune from a tuner of your choice. You will only need to supply a laptop.